About Me

This blog is a place for me to discuss my own personal views of education based on the unique experiences I have in my different jobs as well as my personalized professional development.  I specialize in online teaching, and I like to consider myself a student centered, technology focused, leadership engaged, reform minded and charter school based educator.

I teach Social Studies and Web 2.0 courses online at a large charter high school in Nevada. Over the years, I have begun to take on more and more jobs as they provide interesting opportunities in this new and changing education landscape. I have developed and facilitated courses for the State of Idaho’s online professional development program.  I have taught Beginning Online Teaching for Boise State’s Education Technology department. I teach high school social studies for both New Mexico and Connecticut’s state online programs.  I was also hired to work for the first ever GLBTQ online high school in the country.

My main goal as an online teacher is to individualize instruction for all of my online students and provide opportunities for a more personalized education experience.

In 2009, I completed my Masters in Education Technology at Boise State University.

IMG_8609_2

1. #1 by Don Brown on August 13, 2010 - 8:55 AM

Hey, great to find you. I took one course at Boise State, and currently work to implement blended learning courses for 16 Lane County, Oregon school districts. Hope to chat with you on SKYPE some time to hear about your GLBT school project!!

I am trying to do research on learning objects (probably in Moodle) to create an “interactivity index” and to calibrate them as assessment items. My doctorate was in large scale testing and accommodations.

2. #2 by Cory Plough on August 24, 2010 - 6:48 PM

@Don, anytime you wanna chat, say hi on Skype. @mrplough07

3. #3 by Michael Privett on September 8, 2010 - 3:33 PM

Great work Cory where do you find the time?

(will not be published)