Contact Me

Fill out the form below to send me a message or reach me on Twitter at @mrplough07

1. #1 by Kait on August 24, 2010 - 6:28 PM

Hi! Twitter id @tchrk8lin. I’m a former K teacher who moved to 2nd grade this year. Attended ISTE in Denver this summer for the first time! Interested in using blogs or wikis for increased parent communication. Please “follow me” on twitter so i can direct message you (if you’d like). I’d like to connect with educators on twitter (that’s why I joined). If you could suggest some ppl to follow that would be AMAZING! Thanks so much.

Kait

2. #2 by Brady Wood on August 26, 2010 - 4:08 PM

Cory – hi from Shmoop! (www.shmoop.com)

We’d like to add some fuel to your fire by donating a free Shmoop t-shirt and bookmarks to the winning edBlog of the week through the rest of the year. If you’re game for this, please drop me a line. Keep up the good work supporting the edBlog community!

Brady & the Shmoop team

3. #3 by Josh Gilbert on September 15, 2010 - 2:21 PM

John, being a teacher, I’d like to introduce you to Virtual Nerd, the online, self-guided video tutorial, built by expert teachers and tutors for math and science students in grades 7-12. Virtual Nerd, http://www.virtualnerd.com, uses video and multimedia in a system that anticipates students’ questions. Virtual Nerd never gives a student the answer, but makes sure they find it on their own. The ultimate goal is fundamental understanding. As educators, Virtual Nerd is offering free access to their entire library of tutorials, so that teachers can continue to work with their students, even after school hours are over. Since the site “lives” online, students can log on anywhere at any time, to work at their own pace, and get that extra help whenever they need it.

The site has picked up the Seal of Approval from Parent Tested Parent Approved, and is now providing new educational content, rounding out the core curriculum to include Pre-Algebra, Algebra I & II, and introductory Physics.

I would like to offer up the option of free access to Virtual Nerd with an educators account, and would like to expand that to allowing your readers 50% off when signing up. Feel free to familiarize yourself with Virtual Nerd’s patent pending e-Learning platform, and let me know if I can provide you with any further information.

(by the way, love the Twitter handle – can’t help but assume that’s a Simpsons reference…)

Thanks,
    Josh

Josh Gilbert
    Account Representative
    314-324-5081
    [email protected]

(will not be published)